So the other day I made vegan butter. This was the first vegan task for me..
This is my rule: get the big things out of the way …. cheese, butter, bacon and chicken (in that order)
As you can see i dipped into it already, I could not wait.. LOL .. PS sooo good!!
My friends are very aware of my love for butter!!!! let’s put it this way; When I am out with people that are not my friends but are friends with my friends, all I hear is “wow that is a lot of butter!” . My usual response is either “don’t judge something you haven’t done” or “IT HELPS ME METABOLIZE MY VITAMINS!” and then I run out of the room crying…..ok that part isn’t real.. everyone knows I don’t cry over what people say to me.
I may do some tweaks to this recipe but i will post the recipe at the bottom. To all the people that want to try to include more vegan things into their diet this is super simple but it is hard to find refined coconut oil. I thought I got some but it was still very coconut flavoured (granted the jar did not say it was refined but the sign said it was), so I will go on the hunt for something else soon for the next batch. I do like this batch tho.. I am going to have some popcorn with it tonight tho so I will have to let you know how that goes…
- 1½ c. melted refined coconut oil (not extra virgin coconut oil)
- ½ c. nondairy milk (unsweetened)
- ¼ c. canola, grapeseed, or light olive oil
- ½ tsp. sea salt
- 2 teaspoons liquid lecithin (if using granules, you will need 2-4xs the amount)
- Place all the ingredients in a blender and process at medium speed for about 1 minute.
- Pour into container of choice–something made of silicone is great, as it will pop out easily, but any storage container will do (line it with wax paper first for easy removal).
- Set it in the refrigerator for a few hours until hard or in the freezer to expedite hardening.
OK GO AND MAKE GOOD CHOICES! NIGHT NIGHT…
wishing all the health and happiness to all.
Darren G. Murray